Information for Consumers
By reducing, reusing, recycling and buying recycled-content products, every Californian can help protect the health and well-being of our people and environment, and support growth in our state’s green economy with more jobs and recycling-based enterprises. Follow the links below to learn more and find out how you can help!
Recycling Information for...
Kids & Teachers
Get Smart About Waste & Recycling
- Green Building
- Check Your Number: How Often Should You Change Motor Oil?
- Environmentally-Preferable Purchasing (Becoming a "Green" Shopper)
- Product Stewardship
- Purchasing Compost and Mulch
- Plastic Carryout Bags
- Wastes Banned from the Trash
- General Interest Publications