Optional Page Branding
Local Government Case Studies
This section of the library is a listing of case studies from across CalRecycle's website that jurisdictions or local government officials may use to learn about successful diversion programs.
- Construction and Demolition Diversion. Case studies related to development and adoption of ordinances.
- Disaster Response and Recovery Archives and Case Studies
- Economics and the Environment. These case studies feature businesses that use CalRecycle's Recycling Market Development Zone (RMDZ) program.
- Food Scrap Reduction. This listing includes pilot projects using CalRecycle contracts and recipients of CalRecycle's Waste Reduction Awards Program (WRAP).
- Green Building. These case studies include a wide variety of studies highlighting sustainable design features for green buildings.
- Local Programs. These programs were featured in CalRecycle's 2000 "Innovations" project, which showcased successful recycling and waste reduction programs.
- Publications. CalRecycle's Publications Catalog includes a listing of other miscellaneous waste-reduction case studies.
- Resource-Efficient Landscaping. CalRecycle-sponsored demonstration projects to reduce green waste, conserve water, and minimize non-point source pollution from urban landscapes.
- State Agency Recycling Recognition (STARR) Awards. State agency diversion program award winners from 2001-2002.
- School Waste Reduction. Short profiles on school and school district efforts.
- School Districts. Detailed information on six districts that participated in CalRecycle's Environmental Ambassadors pilot program.
- TrashCutters. Local government diversion program award winners from 1998-2001.
- Venues and Events/Facility Waste Reduction. Brief case studies of successful programs at individual venue facilities, events, and service providers.