Annual Reporting: Household Hazardous Waste Collection Information
California state law (PRC §§47203; HSC §25218.10) mandates the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) and Department of Toxic Substances Control work jointly in maintaining a database of all household hazardous waste collection events, facilities, and programs within the state and make that information available to the public upon request. California regulations (CCR, Title 14, Division 7, Chapter 9, §18751.2) mandate that each public agency responsible for household hazardous waste (HHW) management shall ensure the amount of material (in pounds) collected through their program during the preceding reporting period (July 1 through June 30) is reported to CalRecycle by October 1 each year. Additionally, the Form 303 is specifically intended to fulfill the countywide integrated waste management plan, HHW element reporting requirements (CCR Title 14, Division 7, Chapter 9, §18751.1).
CalRecycle is pleased to provide a new online tool for entering Form 303 data starting in 2013. All jurisdictions submitting data will use this online tool, which requires a CalRecycle WebPass in order to access the database.
- WebPass Management
- Enter the Form 303 online database (WebPass required)
- Form 303 Instructions (rev. July 30, 2014, posted Aug. 1, 2014) (PDF, 710 KB)
- Form 303 Instructional Webinar recording* (Windows Media Video, 1.12 Mbps, 55 minutes, 8 seconds)
- Q&A from Form 303 webinars
*This webinar recording is not currently accessible by web users with assistive technologies. Please contact Form303@calrecycle.ca.gov if you need assistance accessing this video.
Form 303 Rulemaking. The Form 303 regulations have been revised to streamline the reporting process and provide clarity on the reporting of materials collected through a product stewardship program.
Historical Form 303 Collection Data. Annual HHW program and survey data for the safe collection, recycling, treatment, and disposal of hazardous wastes generated primarily by households and collected by statewide local programs.
For More Information
- Subscribe to the Household Hazardous Waste Reporting (Form 303) Listserv to keep informed about Household Hazardous Waste Reporting (Form 303) updates, new releases, and data postings.
- You can review previous messages and dialogues by visiting the Household Hazardous Waste Reporting (Form 303) Listserv Archive.
- If you have any questions on completing the form or survey, please contact CalRecycle at firstname.lastname@example.org.